- Why is belief in Jesus Christ as 'Son of God' so central to Christianity?
- How can you deepen your personal relationship with Christ? How can you grow in your understanding of Jesus' life, his teaching and his saving death and resurrection?
- "Who do you say I am?" is Jesus' question to his disciples. Peter answers, "You are the Christ, the son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). How would you answer Jesus' question, "Who do you say I am ?"
Let's Go! Bless!
Fellow RCIA candidates i hope you are willing to share with me since i missed last Friday's session .Therefore, I am lacking information and it is a bit difficult to answer the questions. Nevertheless you can deepen your understanding of Jesus by reading your bible, praying and going to church. I will also say Jesus christ is the living son of God who mercifully embraced with love
ReplyDeleteCindy
1.As Catholics, the core of our belief is that Jesus is the Son of God and is therefore Divine. Through the Incarnation God as the Son assumed a Human nature for the sake of our salvation. Jesus ultimately brings us back to God. This was prophesied in the Old testament and His divinity and humanity were revealed in the New Testament. The Scripture is replete with references to the words and deeds of Jesus so that we understand His claim to being the Son of God. That is why His followers worshipped Him and we do likewise. The Divine and Human natures of Jesus are also referenced in the Nicene Creed which we pray after the Homily.
ReplyDelete2.I think that my personal relationship with Christ should be reflected in my passion for everyday living. Just as I make resolutions every year as a Catholic I must live and set goals that are testimony to my faith in Jesus and my desire to deepen my knowledge of Him. I can accomplish this by attending mass on Sundays and receiving the Eucharist. During Lent this year I participated in Adoration in St Charles Church in Tunapuna and I found it very fulfilling. I had also purchased a booklet about Adoration which was recommended to me and this helped me to pray meditatively during the sessions. Lectio Divina leads me to a deeper understanding of the Scripture. After many years, I started off the Liturgical year by going to Confession and I go whenever possible. Other activities that allow me to develop a personal relationship with God are learning about the lives of the Saints and connecting with those who are very involved in the Church.
ReplyDelete2.I grow in my understanding of Jesus because I reflect on what Jesus means to me. He is my Saviour, Healer, Friend, The Way and The Truth and Christ the King. I invite Him into all aspects of my life and recognize that I am on a journey. He is with me and has showered gifts on me because all that I have achieved is because of Him. Also He is with me when I have to bear my crosses and am filled with sorrow.
ReplyDelete3.Of course I agree with Peter's reply to Jesus. Such a response comes from deep within and is a sign of faith. The life of Jesus from His miraculous conception and birth, His agonizing death on the Cross for our salvation, His resurrection, public acts and teachings proclaim His divinity. Jesus was a transformative figure who poured out His love unto us, not only in His time but in our time as well. We can change our country and the world if we give ourselves over to the love showed by Jesus. When I was baptised I became a follower of Christ and must strive to live as He did. I must also remember that following the path of Jesus is not easy because I may face rejection from others if I do not hold the same opinions as they do. However, with Jesus there can be no half measures. I must bear witness to God and my faith and readily accept Jesus' challenge to follow Him.
ReplyDelete1. Jesus being the Son of Man is the core foundation of Christianity. We believe Jesus is fully human and fully God. God bore Jesus from the Virgin Mary and brought him into the world with the intent on sending a message of love to the people. God gave his only begotten Son which was and is still one of the greatest known sacrifices. This is key as the Son of God died for our sins and rose from the dead.
ReplyDelete2. To deepen my relationship with Jesus I usually have a time of reflection and prayer throughout the week. I take this time to think of all Jesus has done for me and contemplate on how I can make His name Great on this earth. The tool of Scripture also helps as I learn of the life Jesus led and how I can follow by example.
3. I would say He is my solice, my best friend and my favorite artist 🌞
Great Sarah!
DeleteEspecially #3. I love how you described him as your 'favorite artist'.
1. The belief in Jesus Christ as 'Son of God' so central to Christianity because through Jesus Christ, we have salvation and entry into heaven. Our faith tells us that after death our soul goes back to God, if we are worthy and Jesus death on the cross made this possible. So we have to believe as Christians in t he death and resection of Jesus as God planned it.
ReplyDelete2.I can deepen my personal relationship with Christ through prayer, by reading the bible, by receiving the sacraments, by going to Holy Mass by meditation and by the journey of faith of my fellow Christians. The sharing of the faith as we learn from each other.
3.In faith, we would have to answer. 'You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.' We have to pray constantly for the gift of Faith, to see Jesus as the Son of God, made man for mankind.
1. The belief in Jesus Christ is central to Christianity because he is essentially the son of God send to earth in the form of a human being. Conceived by Mary through the power of the holy spirit, Jesus's mission was to offer salvation to the sinful (everyone) and spread the teaching of the Lord, most importantly being, to love God and your neighbor. Furthermore Jesus was also one of the greatest revelations of God.
ReplyDelete2. To deepen my personal relation with Christ, I can set aside a specific time for prayer and reflection as well as use the various sources available to me such as the Bible and internet to expand on my knowledge of Jesus. In addition there are a variety of plays and movies which I can use to understand Jesus' life, his teaching, death and resurrection.
3. I would say that Jesus is the savior of mankind, the creator of peace, the son of God and the ultimate role model any person should follow.