Pages

Saturday, 8 October 2016

Feedback from the Year Ones

Hi All,
Last evening, Deacon Jeffrey gave our new candidates a grand tour of the church and for some, it was the first time being aware and privy to such information about the church. For example, why we have statues, the various vestments among other interesting points. We would love to hear your feedback on it. Please, leave a comment. Your questions are always welcomed!
I hope this time it is a lot easier in terms of leaving a comment (see the 8 step procedure below this post).

God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. The church in St.Joseph was named by Don Jose de Oruña whose mother had a particular devotion for St.Joseph of Cupertino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some further reading on the church and found out that this church is considered the oldest church existing in Trinidad;even though it was rebuilt a number of times throughout its history.
    I copied the link to the article where I read this info, and is below this post.
    I encourage anyone who wish to know more about the church to visit the page below.
    http://citizensforconservationtt.org/main/index.php/builtherit/powbuilt/99-st-joseph-church-trinidad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephen,
      your research has proven to be factual. St. Joseph R.C. Church is not only the oldest standing Catholic Church in the country but also the very first Catholic Church erected in this country. We are also the only parish nation-wide to have so many schools attached to a single parish. And that is not even touching the real depth of the history that is etched into this church. So we all have to be thankful that we are in a church that is filled so many experiences of the past and is still standing strong. How blessed are we all! :)

      Last year, our church building turned 200 years and through our Bicentennial Celebrations,the church building has now been named a National Heritage Site.

      Delete