Pages

Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Discussion Questions for Year Ones

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. Last Friday, the year ones engaged in a discussion on 'life' and your ultimate purpose not just being in this RCIA journey, but to come to a better understanding why you are all here. Now, the ultimate reason is so that you can enter into a deeper relationship with God.
Let's now carry the discussion further:
  1. How do you talk to God?
  2. Has there been a change from since you were a child in how you viewed him?
  3. What brought about that change?
Let's go! Bless!

8 comments:

  1. 1. I not only speak to God through Prayer but in my "alone time" so as crazy as it may sound, while I am cleaning the house or in the kitchen, it's like a conversation with someone you can't see but you know that He is in the same room. Some people talk to themselves when they are alone, so why can't I talk to God instead!?!?

    2. To answer questions two and three, I wouldn't say it has changed but I would say that the relationship has grown to be more familiar even though at times there's distance between us there is still that familiarity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pauline. I talk out loud to Him too and it looks as if I am talking to myself. Keep it up. The relationship is growing girl!

      Delete
  2. @Pauline,
    Great answer! Some people also say that they love to talk to God, and even God talks to them in the shower!
    Also, it great to know that your relationship with God has always been there and we hope that through this RCIA journey, it can elevate to a greater experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I speak to God through prayer and I speak to him as if he is literally next to me, matter of fact I know he is always next to me and if he has more pressing matters to attend to he leaves his angels, I speak to him as friend, my father my counsellor. I guess I would speak to God in every way possible.

    2. Oh yes my views of God from a child to now has definitely change and i think this is due to experience and understanding of God.

    3. I think I sort of answered question 3. In question 2.
    Thank you may God grant us knowledge and guidance through this journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Marvin. Yes, its the understanding and experience that contribute. As a child, never thought of Him as my friend. But now it is the most natural thing to speak to Him as though He is right here. Happy journeying!

      Delete
  4. I speak to God at anytime I could be travelling in a maxi , while taking a shower , cleaning the house or before I leave home. I believe that line of communication is always open. He is always ready to listen to us. However some people believe that they should only call on God when their back is against the wall that's the only time they know to seek him and I think that's wrong. Some people also think that by u going to church every weekend means God blesses you and if you don't u don't get blessings I find that to be entirely wrong. Anybody can seek the blessings of God and speak to him anywhere and anytime.

    My thoughts on him has never deviated also I know my relationship with him has sought of become distant but I believe it will continue to grow and also with rcia classes it has helped me to understand somethings better where I may have been confused.This journey so far has been an interesting one. _Petrona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All,
    These are some great responses that reflect both that you have a relationship with God and that you are working to deepen that relationship.
    Sometimes just to desire God is prayer. One of the ways I "talk" to God is through journaling. I find this particularly helpful when my heart is so full and I can't seem to find the right words to say. I take to pen and paper then and it turns out to be a very fulfilling encounter with God as I share with God my feelings, thoughts and experiences.

    Do any of you journal? What is your experience of journaling?
    Perhaps you may wish to start a journal? Let me know. I can share some tips with you. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I talk to God in my thoughts and sometimes aloud. I speak to Him as I would a caring and loving long-time friend or even parent. As an adult my faith has grown stronger because of my closer connection with Him. I am even more dependent on God now.

    ReplyDelete